Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Scottie dog bats and jumping mouse-rats!

This past weekend had ups and downs. Friday night, I was in a mood and Ben and I ended up having a bit of a fight, thus cancelling our movie plans. But he made dinner, and we watched BSG and kind of forgot about the argument.
Saturday I pretty much stayed in bed all day, I was not feeling well at all. I watched an America's Next Top Model marathon (Joanie SO should have won) and when Danni cancelled dinner/movie plans with Ben, I got my butt up and out of bed and took her spot. Ben had a gift card to Outback Steakhouse, but there were other restaurants where it could be used. We decided on Fleming's Steakhouse. While the food and drinks were excellent, the prices were extremely high. I don't think we'll be eating there again, but it was fun to see how the other side lives.
After dinner, we drove out to Village Pointe and saw Coraline in 3d, and I was in love. Such a cute movie, but also really dark in some places. The visuals were fun, and a lot of the voice acting surprised me. I didn't think Teri Hatcher would be as fun to listen to as she was, and the change in tone for each character she played, really fit the mood of the movie.
Sunday was another lazy-ish day. Ben and I co-op'd on RE5 and still couldn't beat the damn chainsaw guy. So I went to work and got there a bit early. Just early enough to bust some creepy old guy looking for sex in Barnes' bathroom. I watched him wash his hands as I went over to use the facilities, then heard him walk behind me and into the handicapped stall. I finished and washed my hands and rinsed out my coffee mug and he was still back there. When the other man had left, I looked back and saw the guys feet just standing at the door. So, in my most stern voice I said "I'm an employee! If you're looking for anything special back there, I'm going to call security." I saw his feet jump, then he walked back out of site and said "Nope, just using the bathroom!" then flushed the toilet. I called bullshit and told my manager about the incident. The guy had high-tailed it out of there, so we didn't catch him, but it's definitely a funny story. And work was busy and sucked pretty hard after that, so I was happy to go home, make some Philly-ish sammies for dinner and get to bed early.
Monday, I was sick as ever. I had trouble sleeping all night and woke up with a sinusy-migrainey headache and a nauseous stomach. I started to get ready for work, then said frack it and called in. I left my manager a voicemail and went back to bed. I slept off and on throughout the day, getting up once or twice to nibble on some food and then wishing I hadn't. Around 7 last night I started to feel a bit better. I made myself some soup, watched a bit of TV, read some more of my book and fell asleep around midnight.
I hate when weekends, especially Saturdays, are my only days when I have no obligations and then I'm sick and can't really enjoy them. Oh well, next Saturday is Valentine's, and that should be tons of fun :)

No comments: