Friday, October 23, 2009

Hello again, have we met?

I feel like my life is on media overload. Sometimes I wonder what it was like to live in a world without music at my fingertips, video games, DVRs, movie theaters, books and new ebook readers on which to read them, etc. It just seems like so much, and it's stressing me out. But I guess if that's all I'm worrying about, my life can't be going too bad, right?

Our Tivo is always full now, I still need to scale back on the shows I watch, I think. Heroes specifically. We've got 7 hours worth of episodes (haven't watched a single one this season) and I'm ok with that. It was never my fave, and with so many to watch it's easier to be blase about the show and just give up.

I'm still reading The Historian, it's been like 4 months, but I have progressed farther than I did the first time I tried to read it several years ago. I still vow to finish it, and won't start a new book until it's done. It's not that I don't like it, just so much media! (re: above)


In other news, our house is shaping up nicely. In the past several months we've put on a new deck, gotten a new toilet and dishwasher, and generally made it a little more liveable in the process. It's nice to see how the house looks now, considering how it looked when we first moved in. It's a nice feeling. Still on the docket is new fixtures in the bathroom shower and fixing a phantom leak/drip behind our kitchen wall that has been driving us (mostly me) nuts. There's also finishing the driveway extension and drywalling/finishing off the basement with a laundry room/bathroom and a nice storage area. Part of me just wants to tear out all the walls in the basement and reconstruct in as we see fit, I'd kill for some more space down there, considering how big our furniture is.

I'm liking my job, but at almost five years in I'm wondering if it's what I want to do for the rest of my life. I don't know if I want to head back to school and learn a trade or get a laptop and try my hand at writing. God knows, though, I'll still be at Barnes and Noble, no matter what I do.

Well, here's hoping I keep the entries coming.

No comments: